April 5, 2007

“Hanging in a Gallery!”


MY OIL PAINTINGS HANGING IN THE GALLERY

My paintings were juried and accepted to hang in a gallery in the next town over! Received the phone call yesterday and went this morning to hang my pieces. They didn't seem to be so crooked in real life. I should go and straighten them!!!!


It snowed a lot last night (April 4th). Lots of limbs were down and much of my town woke without power. Needless to say the schools were closed! Couldn't believe the wonderful winter wonderland that awaited me when I got to Milford!!! Here’s a picture of the Milford Oval, where the shop is located. That's Spring in New England!

6 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Such a beautiful sight.
We spend the months of January through mid May in Naples, Florida and I miss the snow scenes.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Congrats on the Gallery! They look great.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I'm not following MSW around, but this is the second time today I've commented on the same blog she has.....
YAY Leslie! It's such a thrill seeing your work hanging. Maybe the 'crookedness' was due to the angle of the camera? Don't sweat it, it looks great!

Leslie Anne Pease said...

Thank you Mary! This winter's beauty is lasting longer than ususal!!!

Kelley Went back to the gallery and I think you were right or the owner straightened them! LOL!

Ron Guthrie said...

Hey Leslie,
Excellent work getting into the show at the gallery! Is this an ongoing hanging or is it more like a monthly show deal....either way, hanging anywhere is where you want your art! Good luck on the sales.
Ron

Leslie Anne Pease said...

Thank you Ron!

It's an ongoing hanging. I believe I can now hang without having the piece juried first -- we will see! ;)